Our ODFA meetings are held on the first Tuesday of each month at 19:30 local time at the aerodrome terminal. If you are interested in joining as a general member or to rent the aircraft, you can contact us first or feel free to just come to one of our meetings.
Membership and Renting Aircraft
Our membership annual fee is $50. The procedure for joining is listed below. If you are interested in renting aircraft an additional security fee of $500 is also payable. See the ODFA Aircraft Rules/Regulations/Currency document below for details regarding the $500 deposit. A checkout with a designated ODFA Flight Instructor on make and model is required (insurance) before you can fly on your own. All members must also complete a checkout every two years with an ODFA approved Flight Instructor. All checkouts follow a standardized ODFA Checkout syllabus/form. To just become a member follow Step 1 below. If you want to rent aircraft, please follow Steps 1 through 4:
1. Membership form and payment information.
- Fill out the membership form and email to ODFA Treasurer or send to email@example.com. Note that some browsers block the form fields so you need to download the membership form and fill it out through a pdf reader.
- e-transfer the amounts discussed above to the Treasurer. See the Payment Procedure on this web page.
- Email ODFA to get put on the contact email list.
2. Print and Complete the following and send them to the Aircraft Committee listed in Step 3:
- Signed Copy of the ODFA Aircraft Rules/Regulations/Currency document.
- Copy of ODFA Membership Form. Note that some browsers block the form fields so you need to download the membership form and fill it out through a pdf reader.
- Completed Copy of Rental Aircraft Worksheet and Aircraft Type Check Exam for the aircraft type that you plan to fly, Cessna 150 and, or, Piper Cherokee PA28-180.
- Photo Copy of Pilot's Licence, current medical certificate.
- Photo Copy of Last page of individual Pilot Logbook.
- Proof of Membership and Deposit.
- Review and be familiar with the ODFA Aircraft Operating Procedures.
- After completing Step 4 below, a copy of the results of the ODFA Checkout syllabus/form.
3. Contact a member of the Aircraft Committee below with the completed forms for approval prior to booking a checkout flight.
- Bruce Rumsey; 403-710-0172; firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Once approved by the Aircraft Committee; Contact an ODFA Designated Flight Instructor Below to Arrange your Checkout Flight.
All checkouts follow a standardized ODFA Checkout syllabus/form.
***(Travel and instructor charges will be on a case by case basis and subject to individual instructor rates, Please discuss the cost and payment options with the instructor/school prior to the checkout flight)***
- Ian Murnagan; (289) 439-3549
- Beau Soufi; Skywest Aviation (780) 779-6056; email@example.com
- Kirk Ryan; (780) 803-0304; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Springbank Air Training College; (403) 288-7700; email@example.com
- Sean Rankin; (403) 612-6170; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jack Paquette Air Pockets Adventures; Cessna C150 Checkouts will be done in Beiseker. Jack doesn't drive to CEA3 so you have to be current or fly to Beiseker with someone who is current and Jack can do your check ride. (403) 837-3999; email@example.com
Invoices can be paid on-line or you can continue to pay by cheque, or cash.
On-line Interact eTransfer:
- To pay by eTransfer use the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. It is an automatic deposit so a password is not needed.
- Make sure your name and amount is in the email and any other information that is needed to process the payment.
- If you have problems you can email the treasurer at email@example.com, Email.
Payment is still accepted by cheque:
- Mail your cheque to the address shown at the bottom of this page in the footer section.
Payment in cash:
- Cash payments can be made during our association meetings.